Tummy Tuck Q&A
This section of the site contains the answers to your questions about the tummy tuck. You can ask your question and get an answer from a qualified plastic surgeon. With your permission, your question and the answer will be posted on the site.
Partition was created for help, so you can ask your questions and get answers from people who have done a tummy tuck. Also experienced plastic surgeons can answer on your questions.
You can read the questions that interest our visitors. Perhaps in them you will find the answers to your questions. Database of questions and answers of this resource is unique.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – a plastic surgery to remove excess skin and fat deposits in the abdominal area, as well as tightening of muscle tissue. Shape of the abdomen is changing as a result of drastic weight loss, weight gain, birth, age-related changes for the worse. Muscles are stretched.This leads to the omission of internal organs, skin sag, stretch marks appear. Only a tummy tuck surgery can restore the shape of the abdomen, resize it, and give the skin a smart appearance, get rid of unsightly scars after other surgical interventions.
Due to the fact that there are many indications for the use of a tummy tuck, many questions arise. If you do not want to go to a plastic surgeon for a consultation, which is paid, you can ask us.
Tummy tuck Q & A – a service that allows you to share with each other information and opinions about tummy tuck. Ask a question – get the answer: ask and answer any questions, one topic – one more question. With extensive experience of successful implementation of such operations, clinic specialists are always ready to help you, advise you and answer any questions.
Most popular questions:What is the tummy tuck cost?
The cost of a tummy tuck varies from 4 to 25 thousand US dollars. The average cost of a tummy tuck in USA in 2013 year is $5,217 US dollars. Cost may include: Pre-operative and post-operative consultation, the surgeon fees, hospital fees, the cost of compression underwear, the cost of anesthesia. Medical insurance does not cover the tummy tuck surgery and its complications. More about tummy tuck cost you can read here.
At what age can do abdominoplasty?
At almost any age. If there is a medical condition, the operation can be carried to the patient of any age. Tummy Tucks allows to get rid of wrinkles, saggy tissues, excess body fat.
What are the aesthetic consequences of tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck is fraught with only a small scar. In general, such scar will not be too noticeable if the taking care of him properly, use the special medical and cosmetic preparations. However, the process of resorption of scar can be reduced by applying laser or cream. Thus, abdominoplasty – an operation that is easily tolerated by patients and can achieve the desired effect.
How is the recovery after surgery?
- The recovery period after tummy tuck is as follows:
- The first week you must lie.
- On the third day drainage tubes are removed and you can get out of bed.
- Stitches on the navel can be removed on the 7th day, the other seams – on the 13th day.
- After the tummy tuck you need to wear a bandage: two weeks – without removing; then within two months on the night it can be removed.
Tummy tuck takes about two months to complete rehabilitation, during which you can not lift heavy objects and overtax the abdominal muscles.
How is surgery performed?
Is removed unnecessarily stretched skin with adipose tissue during surgery. Also, tummy tuck helps to normalize the muscles, remove stretch marks. If the patient’s weight is in the normal range, then abdominoplasty can help you to acquire absolutely flat belly and elegant narrow waist.
Last answered tummy tuck questions:
- How do i know what kind of tummy tuck i need?
- Abdominoplasty covered by insurance?
- When can i start smoking after tummy tuck?
- What is tummy tuck with umbilical float?
- Do insurance companies cover tummy tuck?
- What a tummy tuck scar position is the best?
- Can i have an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) after four cesarean sections?
- What is the best compression garments for tummy tuck?
- Which incision is suitable for my tummy tuck?
- What type of tummy tuck do i need? Does i need mini?
- What makes you a good candidate for a tummy tuck surgery?
- What is endoscopic tummy tuck?
- What kind of tummy tuck do i need?
- Do i need a full or mini tummy tuck?
- How do i get a flat tummy?
- How to get rid of hanging skin?
- What is a hybrid tummy tuck?
- How do they perform a tummy tuck?
- How long does swelling last after a tummy tuck?
- Which is better liposuction or tummy tuck?
- How much weight do you lose with a tummy tuck ?
- Can you have kids after a tummy tuck ?
- When can i take a bath after tummy tuck?
- How expensive is a tummy tuck?
- How to get an hourglass shape?