Top 50 Best Tummy Tuck Surgeons
How to find the best plastic surgeon for tummy tuck? What should be guided by choosing an abdominoplasty doctor? What you should not skimp on? How to ensure a good result of tummy tuck surgery?
What questions to ask a doctor about tummy tuck before you decide to go under the knife to him? How to prepare the patient for abdominoplasty?
We will answer to these and other questions. We also provide a list of top 50 abdominoplasty surgeons, who, according to Realself® reviews, most often perform tummy tuck and therefore are the most experienced.
This article will provide a rating of the best plastic surgeons for abdominal plastic surgery. As such, there are a lot of ratings, but how they are made up – for ordinary people remains a mystery. Be that as it may, only after a personal meeting the patient can decide whether the doctor is suitable or not.
It is difficult to identify the best plastic surgeon in the field of abdominoplasty. To do this, it is necessary to collect patiently information about the patient’s satisfaction with the result of abdominal plastic surgery, directly interviewing the patients themselves, and also revealing a number of other indicators that testify to the correctness of the choice of the technique and to achieve the best possible result in each case.
This is a huge amount of work, besides, these data are constantly updated. It is difficult to believe that all these data are taken into account when compiling modern ratings of plastic surgeons.
The best plastic surgeon should be just for you, because to you the most important result of the operation. It is a well-known fact that in large cities plastic surgeons have a much higher skill level than in small cities.
This is explained simply – the level of income allows people to realize a dream and make plastic surgery, so plastic surgeons have enough work.
Typically, a plastic surgeon must meet certain requirements that are important for the patient – the cost of the operation, work experience, ease of communication and so on. With some effort, you will find the best plastic surgeon for you for abdominoplasty surgery.
Experience and work results
The experience of a plastic surgeon, the number of successful abdominal plastic surgeries, pictures of patients before and after surgery play an important role in the choice of a plastic surgeon.
As a rule, before choosing a specialist, the patient necessarily studies the results of plastic surgeries for abdominoplasty, reads reviews of other patients. The availability of this information facilitates the patient’s prior acquaintance with a plastic surgeon.
Undoubtedly, before deciding on the choice of a plastic surgeon for abdominoplasty, the patient comes to a consultation. As a result of communication, the patient becomes more clear, this doctor is suitable for the operation or not suitable.
Mutual understanding is important, because communication between the patient and the plastic surgeon does not end after the operation. After abdominoplasty, the patient comes for routine examinations to his doctor. Also after the operation, the patient may have questions that can only be answered by the plastic surgeon who operated it.
The best plastic surgeon will always help his patient, do not forget about him after the operation, will not hide, explaining this by excessive employment.
The patient is discussing the expected result of the abdomen plastic surgery with a plastic surgeon on a consultation.
Accuracy of the postoperative suture depends partly on the patient himself, more precisely on compliance with all recommendations during the recovery period.
The scope of possible surgical intervention for each patient has its limits. This also applies to the degree of expression of the patient’s “new” waist. All these questions are discussed with the doctor, during the discussion of the desired result of abdominoplasty.
Remember that even when referring to the most famous and expensive plastic surgeon, one should not expect the impossible from him. No plastic surgeon cares about his reputation will not harm the patient’s health, in pursuit of the ideal shape of the latter.
Cost of services and guarantees
Not always the highest price guarantees the highest quality. The cost of abdominoplasty is affected by the popularity of the plastic surgeon, and the prestige of the clinic.
Rely on the prestige of the clinic should not always, because the experience of plastic surgeons working in it, can vary significantly. The services of the most prestigious clinics, as a rule, are more expensive (anesthesia, hospital stay, bandages, examinations), although the quality of services is not much different from the lesser known clinics of plastic surgery.
In the field of plastic surgery, no plastic surgeon can give a 100% guarantee for the result of the operation. There is always at least a minimal risk of the slightest, natural complications. The reaction of the human body to surgical intervention can not be predicted for 100%.
If the doctor assures you of a one hundred percent guarantee is a reason to doubt his qualifications and adequate approach to the forthcoming operation, maybe you want to be misled.
The best plastic surgeon – always loves his work and cares about his patients!
On the road to perfection, many have the problem of a sagging stomach. In women, this lack of shape usually appears after pregnancy and childbirth.
But the usual significant fluctuations in weight also lead to this sad result for both men and women. And if an unattractive aesthetic appearance is one side of the coin, sometimes a painful hernia becomes inverse. Plastic surgery offers an operation called “abdominoplasty”, in other words, tummy tuck to get rid of sagging abdomen and hernia.
Why does a sagging belly appear?
Experts call it “dermal apron”, but this is not easier. So what are the reasons for its occurrence? The answer lies in stretching the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall of the abdomen.
This is caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy or significant weight changes. In the future, the stretching of the muscles can lead to the formation of hernias and health hazards – internal cavities can penetrate into the clefts that have been freed, and then their entrapment occurs.
Usually, the presence of a hernia is difficult not to notice, since abdominal and lower back pains bring discomfort. Especially noticeable discomfort after physical exertion.
Stretching muscles can lead to the appearance of hernias and other health hazards. As a rule, people start their way of getting rid of an impending abdominal with diets and sports training and wonder why these methods do not bring any result.
It’s very simple: the problem of the skin apron is not in the fat deposits, as the patients believe, but in stretching the muscles and excess skin tissue. Get rid of them is only possible with the help of plastic surgery.
Abdominoplasty and types of surgery
Abdominoplasty, or abdominal plastic surgery is a plastic surgery, during which excess skin and fat are removed, and the abdominal framework is rebuilt by tightening the muscles. In the presence of hernias during surgery, get rid of them.
This method allows you to achieve an effective result in the form of a flat and beautiful abdomen. Note that abdominoplasty belongs to the category of complex plastic surgeries because of the large scale of the intervention.
There are traditional and mini-abdominoplasty. The first involves a volumetric correction of the abdomen, during which the abdomen is restored completely. That is, the surgeon eliminates excess skin and fat tissue, hernia, tightens muscles.
With mini-abdominoplasty, there is a small correction of this part of the body, more precisely, in its lower region. During this operation, it is only possible to remove excess skin and fat in a relatively small volume.
Carrying out abdominoplasty
The operation, regardless of the traditional version or mini, is performed under anesthesia. During the intervention, the doctor makes the necessary incisions, removes excess skin, fat deposits.
Then there is a tightening of the muscles and the removal of hernias, if they are present. After the termination of these manipulations the plastic surgeon applies accurate seams which after healing will be hidden under the underwear and will be invisible to associates.
Some patients prefer to additionally make a course of laser resurfacing to make the scar more invisible.
Recovery after surgery
Because of the large amount of surgical intervention, the patient is not discharged immediately after the operation, but a day or three is observed in the clinic’s hospital. Plastic surgeons note that this period is characterized by maximum pain, but discomfort is eliminated with painkillers.
After discharge from the clinic, the patient must constantly wear compression underwear for a month. It is necessary to adhere to certain limitations so that the healing process can proceed well and without complications. So, during recovery period you can not visit saunas and swimming pools, you can not sunbathe. Failure to comply with these requirements can lead to seam divergence.
Physical activity, bad habits, smoking and drinking alcohol are forbidden. After a month and a half, you can return to the usual lifestyle, after consulting with your plastic surgeon.
Possible complications after abdominoplasty
Usually, after the operation, hematomas and swelling occur, but these phenomena are typical for postoperative period after any surgical intervention. Possible complications include seromas (fluid accumulation) and bleeding.
If they are found, contact your doctor immediately. Nevertheless, such consequences are rare, if the plastic surgeon performed his work qualitatively.
How to choose a plastic surgeon?
How safe the postoperative period will be, and how impressive the result of the operation will be, largely depends on the plastic surgeon. You should choose a highly qualified and experienced specialist to avoid unpleasant consequences after abdominoplasty, since abdominal plastic surgery, we repeat, refers to complex operations. It is necessary that the doctor operating you should have all the skills and knowledge.
Therefore, it is better to turn to a professional with hundreds of plastic surgery on his shoulders. Most often, experienced doctors have their own authoring designs that reduce the traumatic nature of the operation.
Therefore do not hesitate to ask the surgeon for his documents on education, advanced training courses. Be sure to look at the doctor’s portfolio – pictures “before and after.” Only such a responsible attitude to the choice of a plastic surgeon can warn you against undesirable consequences.
Top 50 Tummy Tuck Surgeons
Here we have prepared a list of the most popular cosmetic surgeons who perform tummy tuck. Rating is based on the number of patient reviews from realself.com site, from tummy tuck topic (https://www.realself.com/Tummy-tuck/reviews). Here are the plastic surgeons from all over the world.
- Walkiris Robles, MD – Dominican Republic, DO – 344 surgeries (prices from $2000 to $20000 US dollars);
- Yily De Los Santos, MD – Dominican Republic, DO – 246 surgeries (prices from $3000 to $16000 US dollars);
- Fatima Almonte, MD – Dominican Republic, DO – 190 surgeries (prices from $5000 to $9900 US dollars);
- Thomas A. Cochran, Jr, MD – Columbus, GA – 154 surgeries (prices from $2500 to $8700 US dollars);
- Agustina Hilario Duran, MD – Dominican Republic, DO – 136 surgeries (prices from $2500 to $7200 US dollars);
- Mel T. Ortega, MD – Miami, FL – 116 surgeries (prices from $3400 to $12000 US dollars);
- Tania Medina de Garcia, MD – Dominican Republic – 110 surgeries (prices from $5000 to $10000 US dollars);
- Wilberto Cortes, MD – Houston, TX – 105 surgeries (prices from $5500 to $9000 US dollars);
- Moises Salama, MD – Aventura, FL (Miami, FL) – 91 surgeries (prices from $2500 to $17000 US dollars);
- Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD – Dominican Republic, DO – 90 surgeries (prices from $2500 to $7000 US dollars);
- Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD – Tijuana, MX (Mexico) – 84 surgeries (prices from $3000 to $7500 US dollars);
- Michael Salzhauer, MD – Miami , FL (Miami, FL) – 64 surgeries (prices from $5900 to $64999 US dollars);
- William Bruno, MD – Beverly Hills, CA – 61 surgeries (prices from $3000 to $14500 US dollars);
- Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS – La Mesa, CA (San Diego, CA) – 50 surgeries (prices from $1 to $20000 US dollars);
- Martin Jugenburg, MD – Toronto, ON – 48 surgeries (prices from $3000 to $21000 US dollars);
- Peter A. Aldea, MD – Memphis, TN – 47 surgeries (prices from $3000 to $25000 US dollars);
- Adam Tattelbaum, MD – Rockville, MD (Washington DC, DC) – 47 surgeries (prices from $6500 to $15000 US dollars);
- Jonathan Fisher, MD – Miami, FL – 43 surgeries (prices from $2800 to $19000 US dollars);
- Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD – Santo Domingo Pueblo, NM (Dominican Republic) – 42 surgeries (prices from $109 to $6000 US dollars);
- Salvador Pantoja, MD – Tijuana, MX (Mexico) – 41 surgeries (prices from $3800 to $7000 US dollars);
- Robert Morgan Davoudi, MD – Atlanta, GA – 41 surgeries (prices from $4500 to $15000 US dollars);
- Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD – Dominican Republic, DO – 38 surgeries (prices from $2500 to $7000 US dollars);
- Joseph D. Alkon, MD – Newark, NJ – 37 surgeries (prices from $4100 to $11500 US dollars);
- John LoMonaco, MD, FACS – Clear Lake, TX (Houston, TX) – 37 surgeries (prices from $5300 to $150000 US dollars);
- Jonathan Saunders, MD – Newark, DE – 36 surgeries (prices from $4035 to $10000 US dollars);
- Steven Vath, MD – Denver, CO – 34 surgeries (prices from $6700 to $15900 US dollars);
- Remus Repta, MD – Scottsdale, AZ – 34 surgeries (prices from $10 to $18000 US dollars);
- Kenneth B. Hughes, MD – Culver City, CA (Los Angeles, CA) – 32 surgeries (prices from $4500 to $20000 US dollars);
- S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS – Honolulu (Honolulu, HI) – 32 surgeries (prices from $7200 to $29000 US dollars);
- C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS – Houston, TX – 31 surgeries (prices from $7000 to $17500 US dollars);
- Andrew Jimerson, MD – Atlanta, GA – 31 surgeries (prices from $1800 to $20600 US dollars);
- David Shifrin, MD – Chicago, IL – 30 surgeries (prices from $7800 to $22000 US dollars);
- Osakatukei Omulepu, MD (license revoked) – Miami, FL – 29 surgeries (prices from $3500 to $8600 US dollars);
- Sameer Karkhanis, MS, DNB – Thane, IN (India) – 28 surgeries (prices from $2000 to $10000 US dollars);
- Matthew Schulman, MD – New York, NY – 28 surgeries (prices from $10000 to $21000 US dollars);
- Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD – Raleigh-Durham, NC – 28 surgeries (prices from $8000 to $25000 US dollars);
- Orlando Llorente, MD – Miami, FL – 27 surgeries (prices from $1450 to $7900 US dollars);
- Christa Clark, MD, FACS – Granite Bay, CA (Sacramento, CA) – 27 surgeries (prices from $8000 to $16000 US dollars);
- Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS – Manhasset, NY (Long Island, NY) – 26 surgeries (prices from $4100 to $15000 US dollars);
- Armando Soto, MD, FACS – Orlando, FL – 26 surgeries (prices from $6500 to $13000 US dollars);
- S. Ozan Sozer, MD – El Paso, TX – 26 surgeries (prices from $7000 to $15500 US dollars);
- Jeffrey S. Yager, MD – New York, NY – 26 surgeries (prices from $4200 to $17000 US dollars);
- Stanley Okoro, MD – Marietta, GA (Atlanta, GA) – 26 surgeries (prices from $3000 to $18000 US dollars);
- Paul S. Gill, MD – Houston, TX – 26 surgeries (prices from $6000 to $13900 US dollars);
- Ahmad H. Ahmadi, MD – Sugarland, TX (Sugar Land, TX) – 26 surgeries (prices from $8900 to $13000 US dollars);
- Brent Moelleken, MD – Beverly Hills, CA – 25 surgeries (prices from $4700 to $25000 US dollars);
- Leonard Hochstein, MD – Miami, FL – 25 surgeries (prices from $3200 to $16400 US dollars);
- Jaime Campos Leon, MD – Tijuana, MX (Mexico) – 25 surgeries (prices from $5700 to $10000 US dollars);
- Christian A. Prada, MD, FACS – Chesterfield, MO (Saint Louis, MO) – 24 surgeries (prices from $3050 to $23000 US dollars);
- Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS – New York, NY – 24 surgeries (prices from $4500 to $25000 US dollars);