Tummy Tuck Q&A
This section of the site contains the answers to your questions about the tummy tuck. You can ask your question and get an answer from a qualified plastic surgeon. With your permission, your question and the answer will be posted on the site.
Partition was created for help, so you can ask your questions and get answers from people who have done a tummy tuck. Also experienced plastic surgeons can answer on your questions.
You can read the questions that interest our visitors. Perhaps in them you will find the answers to your questions. Database of questions and answers of this resource is unique.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – a plastic surgery to remove excess skin and fat deposits in the abdominal area, as well as tightening of muscle tissue. Shape of the abdomen is changing as a result of drastic weight loss, weight gain, birth, age-related changes for the worse. Muscles are stretched.This leads to the omission of internal organs, skin sag, stretch marks appear. Only a tummy tuck surgery can restore the shape of the abdomen, resize it, and give the skin a smart appearance, get rid of unsightly scars after other surgical interventions.
Due to the fact that there are many indications for the use of a tummy tuck, many questions arise. If you do not want to go to a plastic surgeon for a consultation, which is paid, you can ask us.
Tummy tuck Q & A – a service that allows you to share with each other information and opinions about tummy tuck. Ask a question – get the answer: ask and answer any questions, one topic – one more question. With extensive experience of successful implementation of such operations, clinic specialists are always ready to help you, advise you and answer any questions.
Most popular questions:What is the tummy tuck cost?
The cost of a tummy tuck varies from 4 to 25 thousand US dollars. The average cost of a tummy tuck in USA in 2013 year is $5,217 US dollars. Cost may include: Pre-operative and post-operative consultation, the surgeon fees, hospital fees, the cost of compression underwear, the cost of anesthesia. Medical insurance does not cover the tummy tuck surgery and its complications. More about tummy tuck cost you can read here.
At what age can do abdominoplasty?
At almost any age. If there is a medical condition, the operation can be carried to the patient of any age. Tummy Tucks allows to get rid of wrinkles, saggy tissues, excess body fat.
What are the aesthetic consequences of tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck is fraught with only a small scar. In general, such scar will not be too noticeable if the taking care of him properly, use the special medical and cosmetic preparations. However, the process of resorption of scar can be reduced by applying laser or cream. Thus, abdominoplasty – an operation that is easily tolerated by patients and can achieve the desired effect.
How is the recovery after surgery?
- The recovery period after tummy tuck is as follows:
- The first week you must lie.
- On the third day drainage tubes are removed and you can get out of bed.
- Stitches on the navel can be removed on the 7th day, the other seams – on the 13th day.
- After the tummy tuck you need to wear a bandage: two weeks – without removing; then within two months on the night it can be removed.
Tummy tuck takes about two months to complete rehabilitation, during which you can not lift heavy objects and overtax the abdominal muscles.
How is surgery performed?
Is removed unnecessarily stretched skin with adipose tissue during surgery. Also, tummy tuck helps to normalize the muscles, remove stretch marks. If the patient’s weight is in the normal range, then abdominoplasty can help you to acquire absolutely flat belly and elegant narrow waist.
Last answered tummy tuck questions:
- How do i know what kind of tummy tuck i need? Do I need a mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck? If the bothersome loose skin is only below the belly buttonm, a mini TT may suffice. Otherwise you would need the full TT to...read more
- Abdominoplasty covered by insurance? Tummy Tucks Not Covered by Insurance Tummy tucks are not covered by insurance. Sometimes after massive weight loss a persistent pannus can be removed in an insurance-covered procedure called a panniculectomy (if there are certain...read more
- When can i start smoking after tummy tuck? Smoking post/prior to surgery Nicotine is nicotine. You should avoid all nicotine and nicotine containing products. It is easier said than done, in particular when the recommendation comes from a non-smoker, but the advice is...read more
- What is tummy tuck with umbilical float? The umbilical float/mini tummy tuck only works for selected patients with min imal skin laxity above the belly button. In your case, your skin above your belly button is quite loose and would really only...read more
- Do insurance companies cover tummy tuck? First of all, your insurance won’t cover either so that is not a deciding point. It is all about the skin and muscles ABOVE the umbilicus. Virtually all post pregnancy abdomens have issues up there,...read more
- What a tummy tuck scar position is the best? Incision Choices in Tummy Tucks As fashions change, so do the location of the scars for tummy tucks. When I was first in training, the high-thigh, French-cut swimsuits were the fashion and so the tummy tuck...read more
- Can i have an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) after four cesarean sections? Many women choose to have a tummy tuck after having children. However, no one over the Internet can say that your pain will be eliminated after a tummy tuck. Your pain might be from internal...read more
- What is the best compression garments for tummy tuck? What compression garment would you recommend after a tummy tuck? The Marena suit you show in your photo is very good for the first couple of weeks following a tummy tuck. After the first 2-3 weeks...read more
- Which incision is suitable for my tummy tuck? Placement of TT scar. The tummy tuck scar should be as low as possible and as short as possible. You are a perfectly excellent candidate for a very low and very short scar. Forget the...read more
- What type of tummy tuck do i need? Does i need mini? Mini Tummy Tuck or Full Tuck? Over internet even with excellent posted photos very hard to be specific! My guess is either extended mini TT with mid/upper abdomen lipo or just lipo . (Darryl J....read more
- What makes you a good candidate for a tummy tuck surgery? Tummy Tuck or Not? It is hard to determine if you are a candidate without a picture of your abdomen. Your BMI should be closer to 30 to increase your chances of being a suitable...read more
- What is endoscopic tummy tuck? Endoscopic Tummy Tuck The reason you have not seen much about Endoscopic Tummy Tuck surgery is because it is rarely done. The ideal candidate for this procedure is the rare woman who has a muscle...read more
- What kind of tummy tuck do i need? There is no way to determine what type of Tummy Tuck you may need without abdominal photos. At least I may tell, no extended needed. (Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD, Mexico Plastic Surgeon) What kind of...read more
- Do i need a full or mini tummy tuck? Full tummy tuck vs. mini tummy tuck vs. hybrid tummy tuck There are no longer just two options in tummy tucks, the full and the mini tummy tuck. The full tummy tuck is best for...read more
- How do i get a flat tummy? Is tummy tuck right for you? I think you can benefit from abdominal contouring tummy tuck and modest liposuction. Whether you will be happy with the results is really only determined by you. The other...read more